What Happens Now?

What happens now? Maybe you have asked yourself this before, maybe you never had to ask yourself this. Sometimes people find themselves in situations where they have no idea what would happen next. They make a decision without thinking about or even worrying about the consequences of it. This can happen to anyone in a multitude of different ways. From my own experience, I’ve asked this question when my parents divorced. I was so worried about who I would be with and how that would affect schools and even how that would affect me seeing extended family. I was just wondering what would happen next, worried that it would be something bad. Others might ask this when something good happens. Another example of a time this happened was when my cousin made it through all of his treatment for a very serious disease. I was so excited he was going through it with ease and I couldn’t wait to find out what would happen next. This somewhat ties into what my previous question was. If you have not seen the previous question post, it was basically asking “Can we change things that happened, and if so, can we¬†also change the future?” This post is focusing in more on the future side of that. Something has already happened, we can’t change that. Now what is going to come of that. Feel free to post your own stories about when you were asking yourself, “What happens now?” and if you would like also tell of the out come.

9 thoughts on “What Happens Now?

1. That is a great question Bradley. Sometimes I worry and end up asking people tons of questions. When something happens I try to be calm so I don’t bombard people with questions.

2. Great question, Brad. I am curious to hear how you resolved these worries. A lot of times, some of us are obsessed with worrying. I saw a quote the other day that rang true with me: “Be a warrior, not a worrier.”

3. Another example of this just happened today in my own life. My percussion instructor retired from his work with us this past week. Our percussion section was all broken, mostly because the day we found out he wasn’t the one telling us. Today, he came back to talk to us about it. The one thing that stood out was him asking , “What Happens Now”. He went on to say he was planning this and it was bound to happen. He also said we need to keep working. He told us that we couldn’t give up. Since I’m not going to give up, neither should anyone reading this comment.

4. I really like how you included something personal it really gave the message you were trying to give a lot more meaning.

5. This reminds me of how I thought life would be after my father died in 2008, after my fifth birthday. You did amazing at this, keep up the good work.

6. I have been in a situation where I have asked myself what do I do next? It happened when I got diagnosed with A.D.H.D. because I struggled with being able to focus in class. At first I started to freak out because I heard the medication makes you feel different but I didn’t have any serious side effects.

7. “What happens now?” is a question we will be asking until we die. You never truly know. You may have a gut feeling, or idea of what may happen, but sometimes effects are random and out of your control.

I agree wholeheartedly with this thought-provoking post. You can’t change the past, but you can learn from your mistakes and help shape the future instead.

8. I have asked myself this question many times, like when my grandma died, I was scared of what the future would bring and needed answers to quench my own curiosity. Good post Bradley, it really got me thinking!

9. I have asked that question to myself before. When I was 4 years old, I had an allergic reaction to seafood. I didn’t know what would happen next and I was worried whether I would get better or not. During my stay at the hospital, it made me feel like there was no hope on getting better anytime soon. Turns out, I got better and got out of the hospital after a week. It wasn’t bad during my week at the hospital but it did feel like I was there forever. After that experience, When I ask myself “What happens now?”, I try to have faith that everything is going to be okay and just not worry too much. Having faith and not worrying so much is something I do to pass the time and not be too stressful about it.